Syllabus of Madhya Pradesh Higher Judicial Services Examination
The selection process of Madhya Pradesh Higher Judicial Services will be completed in three stages-
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type )
2. Main Written Examination and
The preliminary examination shall be conducted online through portal. The exam shall be conducted by multiple choice objective type of questions. Question Paper shall contain 150 multiple choice questions to be solved within two hours (120 Minutes).
The syllabus with proportionate marks is given below.
S.N. SUBJECTS NO.OF QU.
- IPC,CrPC, EVIDENCE ACT. ( 30)
- CPC TPA AND CONTRACT ACT. (20)
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA (10)
- SPECIFIC RELIEF ACT 1963. (5)
- N.D.P.S. ACT (4)
- LIMITATION ACT (3)
- NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT (3)
- MP LAND REVENUE CODE (5)
- MP ACCOMMODATION ACT (5)
- HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, HINDU SUCCESSION ACT, HINDU ADOPTION AND MAINTENANCE ACT . (7)
- SC AND ST PREVENTION OF ATROCITIES ACT (3)
- MOTOR VEHICLE ACT (CHAPTER 10,11 AND 12 ONLY) ( 3)
- COURT FEES ACT, INDIAN REGISTRATION ACT AND INDIAN STAMP ACT (7)
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
- GENERAL ENGLISH
- LAW LEXICON AND MAXIMS
- MEDICAL JURISPRUDENCE
Minimum qualifying marks
Main Written Examination ( 400 marks)
Pattern of main exam.
- Civil Laws & Procedure 100 Marks
- Writting skill, Court Practice & Current Legal knowledge. 100 Marks
- Criminal Laws & Procedure 100 marks
- Judgement Writting etc..
syllabus of Main Exam
Paper I . Civil laws & Procedure
- Constitution of India (22) marks
- Civil procedure code (22) marks
- Transfer of Property Act (16)marks
- Indian Contract Act
- Specific Relief Act 1963 (chapter I,II and VI to VIII). (8) marks (16)
- Limitation act 1963 (part 2 and 3) (8)
- Hindu Marriage Act 1955 section 5,9,10, 13A,13B and 24 to 27. (8)
Paper II. Writing skill and current legal knowledge 100 Marks.
- Article on legal topic in Hindi
- Summarywriting in English for summary writing, a matter like copy of plaint and written statement or charge sheet complaint may be given and the candidates shallll be asked to summarise it into one third of the matter given.
- Knowledge of current leading cases/Supreme Court/Full Bench Judgement of M P High Courts of five years.
Paper III. Criminal Laws and Procedures
- IPC 1860
- Cr.PC 1973
- Indian Evidence Act 1872.
- Negotiable Instruments Act 1881, ( sections 138- 147)
- SC & ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989 ( sections 2 to 8 and 14 and 18)
Paper IV Judgement Writting etc.
- Settlement of Issues
- Framing of charges
- Judgement Writting ( civil)
- Judgement Writting ( criminal)